Post-Op Instructions - Amalgams (Silver Fillings)
You have just had a silver filling (amalgam) placed in your mouth. Please follow the instructions listed below.
· If your mouth is numb, PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
· Avoid eating or drinking, if possible, until the numbness goes away.
· Do not eat hard, crunchy foods for 4-6 hours.
· Sensitivity is NOT unusual.
· Take aspirin or Tylenol for discomfort.
· Do not floss the new filling for 24 hours.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 619-295-1512.